So i am off to WI this morning, I've not been for 2 weeks, i have had some really good days, some not so bad days and a couple of 'awful' days in there so i have no idea what will be.
I am still under goal but as my dear pal Cat says 'I have to get out of this self destruct mode'. i know it would be so easy to blame it on giving up smoking , to be fair i think it did all start to slip then, but even that has slipped the last week :o(
I also think it might be time to eat my own words, when i was approaching goal it was so easy to say 'Oh i wont let myself go back to my old ways' but in reality, it can be so easy to do that, sometimes the good lessons you learn along the way are just too easy too forget.
Coupled with the fact i have been out a lot lately, worked a fair bit of overtime ( i always struggle when i am tired) packed up smoking, not been well, the list goes on but all these things make it so easy to stray....
Maintaining is darn hard work, my aim is to kick it into touch this morning, my leader text last night wondering where i have been and apparently she has a plan, let's hope it's a good one!
4 comments to “I have to get my head out of the sand!”
-
Thanks Dawn, i felt so guilty at first admitting that it was a struggle but i think it's only fair to those that do read my blog to realise it's not all rosy all the time.I don't want to be one of those people that leave their stats as they are and pretend they are still a 'model student'so when i get back i will enlighten you of her plan and change my stats accordingly.
1 hour to go and i am so nervous, how strange that is!
-
Hi Jo
I reached ww goal 7 years ago. I had lost 7 stone. I was splashed all over the local paper, and felt a million dollars!! Suddenly all the hype of the goal reaching dies down, and then its a whole new ball game and the hard part really starts !! Maintaining is so difficult and I do sympathise. I simply fell off the wagon hugely, and never went back to my meetings and ended up putting 9 stone back on !! So here I am again !!
You can do this Jo. You have done so well. You dont want to be like me and put it all back on again do you? Nip it in the bud now. Well done for going back to your meeting. Sometimes being the celebrity "ww superwoman" is hard. People expect you to never faulter, but we are all human Jo. Dont beat yourself up about it. I hope if there was a gain this week, that it wasnt too bad, and I really hope you manage to find that focus again that got you to goal in the first place. Good luck x x x






Hi Jo,
I've been following your blog for a while but don't comment. Just wanted to say best wishes this morning and well done for deciding to go. I got to goal myself about 4 months ago and know how hard maintainence is, and have also struggled with binges now and again, so I'm feeling your pain!
Best wishes, and thank you for blogging. It's nice to know there's others out there finding maintainence a challenge!
Hope your leader has a great plan!
Best wishes,
Dawn