I fell off the wagon BIG style!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • Reddit
  • RSS

Everything was going ok, i was off the cigs, felt ok but suddenly last thursday i had one of those 'i fancy a binge' moments (please say i am not the only one that has them?)

I can't even remember how much i had, but suffice to say i overate and one thing i can remember are the 2 bags of giant buttons and i am pretty sure they are 22 points each!!

Oh and the numerous mini chomps ( i will not go in the cadbury shop again and buy in bulk, i promise!)

Friday was no better, i went out with a mate from work to Loughborough where we ended up in a pub eating burger and chips and drinking smirnoff ice ......at lunchtime, so you can see where this is going, the whole day went pearshaped and after the ice cream (well the sun was out) and the kit kat caramel (in for a penny in for a pound) i even had bloomin KFC for tea!

So we get to Saturday, actually for someone that was sent home from work as i felt sick, (which i am sure was just pure over indulgence) i surpassed myself and on the journey to Crawley for a gig, i managed to get through a whole bag of foxes glacier fruits...note to self, next time, pick something nicer, ie cadbury's eclairs ;o)

So there i was all dressed up for the gig and i should have known it was a bad sign when i decided to change out of my dress and put on my 'comfy and large' size 14 jeans, t- shirt and my trainers, which actually was fine as no one was that dressed up as it was a laid back affair but of course i felt all relaxed so i would hazard a guess that at least 15 smirnoff ices were drunk, not forgetting the compulsory spring roll from the chinese!

Eeek, this list gets longer, Sunday morning we wake up in the b&b and have a full breakfast, lots of yummy toast ( i rarely eat bread) with real butter.
Bag of nuts in the car (almost healthy?)
Arrived home and went to Asda, totally shattered so i decide to make quick and easy Spag Bol, it's a ww recipe so that's ok?
Well it is unless you also have cheese and garlic bread AND doughballs, finished off with Lemon Meringue Pie!

So after that lot it will come as no surprise that i got on the scales on Monday morning to a gain of 9lbs!!

So as of yesterday i am firmly back on the wagon and a small consolation is this morning's SP already says that gain is now 'only' 5.5lbs

Hopefully i can repair some of the damage this week.

10 comments to “I fell off the wagon BIG style!”

  1. Chris says:

    Wow Jo , I thought i was bad last weekend ! You can do it though xx

  1. Anonymous says:

    Wow, you do it in style girly!!

    Does it surprise you how much we can still fit into our stomachs? I still don't always feel full, lol.

    Well done for getting back on the wagon, I'm thinking you might have to staple yourself onto it!!!!

  1. Oh My Life!
    I hope you enjoyed yourself lol
    I really want a KFC after reading that.
    Good luck getting that 9lbs back off again hun!
    xxx

  1. Joanne says:

    Ha Ha, the responses i have had from this post.
    I guess it just goes to show that you can be angelic for 54 weeks and then it can all go horribly wrong!
    But i am fully aware of what i am doing and still care enough to check myself and drag my butt back onto the wagon quick smart so i guess it's not all bad?

  1. sjk200945 says:

    Hi Jo,
    Wow you really did do it big, but at least you realise it and have got your self back on the wagon. Maybe it does us good to have a blow out now and again and then we can see how easy it is to put it back on.
    Good luck with this week I'm sure you'll soon get it off.
    Suzannex

  1. Tina xx says:

    OMG !! I thought I had a bad weekend...lol !!
    At least you have now got it out of your system and well done for getting back on track. My bum is firmly stuck on the wagon again after my first disasterous weekend, so welcome aboard !!x

  1. haha slim - hope you're firmly locked into that wagon now!

  1. Unknown says:

    hello Jo, thank you so much for your blog, it really made me laugh and meant that the 1.5lbs that I put on this week was not so bad. If you can do this journey then I will join you as well.
    Good luck and I am sure you can get back on the plan.

    YNWA

  1. Ouch, it's amazing how many people have had a bad weekend this week. at least when you do something you do it with a bit of a flair. good luck next week, i'm sure you'll get it off

  1. Jackie says:

    Hi Jo,
    I read your post after I finised writing mine about getting back on the wagon after a few horrendous dieting weeks. I wanted to say thanks, because you made me realise that it can happen to anyone - I'd thought after 30 odd weeks I was sort of immune to binges and was really hard on myself when I realised I wasn't.

    Good luck on taking the 9 pounds off and well done on getting back into it so quickly. xx